Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)
Evangel’s membership in AQIP is our choice for accreditation with the Higher Learning
Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. With activities, such as Conversation Day, we examine
opportunities for institutional improvement and develop a
list of potential action projects.
Brief outline explaining AQIP
- Helping Students Learn
- Accomplishing Other Distinctive Objectives
- Understanding Student’s and Other Stakeholder’s Needs
- Valuing People
- Leading and Communicating
- Supporting Institutional Operations
- Measuring Effectiveness
- Planning Continuous Improvement
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Self-assessment: Rapid process-centered
review of challenges and opportunities, in preparation for joining AQIP
and attending Strategy Forum.
- Strategy Forum: Workshop
where teams from several organization collaborate to sharpen vital improvement
strategies into three or four Action Projects.
- Action Project:
Public, focused initiative that an organization creates to achieve desired
improvements; typically completed in 6 months to 3 years.
Update: Yearly report on the status of an organization’s
current Action Projects, to which AQIP provides formal feedback.
Portfolio: Publication in which an organization
describes key processes, performance results, and improvement practices;
created in the three years following first Strategy Forum and kept up-to-date.
Appraisal: Expert review of Systems Portfolio
providing actionable feedback from AQIP on opportunities and strengths.
of Accreditation: Verification through previously
submitted evidence that the Commission’s expectations for continuing
accreditation are met.
- Once: Self-assessment and Application
Year: Annual Updates and Systems Portfolio Maintenance
4 Years: Strategy Forum & Systems Appraisal
7 Years: Reaffirmation of Accreditation
See what is going on
Current Action Teams
- Team 10: Student Readiness: Charter
- Team 9: Data Warehouse: Charter
- Team 6: Data-Driven Decision Making
- Team 8: Implement a Data-Driven Spiritual Assessment Process
Previous Action Teams