|Academic Departments||Academic Resources||Services||Other|
|Education||Academic Support CentereUniversityRecords and RegistrationWrite Place||Career ServicesHousingInformation TechnologiesDuplicatingMabee CenterPublic SafetyStudent Activities||Athletics Bookstore Catalog Course Finder Directory Employee Portal Evangel's Public Site Online Giving Student Handbook Student Portal|
International (INTL) Studies is a unique blend between history, government, and culture. Our courses literally cover the earth. We look at countries, their various people groups, and their governments. Along with a core curriculum of multicultural studies, students view the interactions between the nations through history and in our own day. The INTL major provides the interested student with knowledge and preparation for a career in the international arena.
Title: Associate Professor International Studies
Office: Social Sciences Dept., 208L
417-865-2815 ext. 8222
JD, Cleveland Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University, Ohio.
MPA, Levin College of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University, Ohio.
BA, Malone College, Ohio
* Teaching courses in Government, History, and Anthropology
* Faculty Advisor for CORD, the married student fellowship
* Faculty sponsor for international study tours. Have traveled to China, South Africa, Kyrgyzstan, Nicaragua, Austria, Czech Republic, Istanbul and Ephesus in Turkey, the Crimean in the Ukraine, and India. Tentatively for next year, we are planning to go to Jordan.
German-Austrian-Swiss Heritage and Historical Society of the Ozarks, Secretary
Christians in Political Science, member
* Comparative African Governments;
* Comparative Asian Governments;
* Comparative European Governments;
* Comparative Islamic Governments;
* Comparative Foreign Policy;
* Comparative World Religions;
* Introduction to Anthropology;
* Historical Travel;
* International Law;
* International Organizations;
* International Relations;
* Intro to American Government;
* Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs);
* Scope and Methods of Political Science;
* State and Local Governments;
* Church Business and Law (for CHMN majors);
* Organizational Design and Development (for the MOL program)
Started Work: August 2007
Favorite Thing About Work:
I have really enjoyed the relationships that developed with my students over the years. It is not just the classroom sessions where interactions occur, but in the department chapels and events, in the student Senate meetings, in the club events... all of these settings have provided me with the opportunity to get to know students better. Even after graduation, the friendships continue. I love hearing from former students about their accomplishments, and where in the world they are today. Evangel produces quality individuals who desire to make a difference in our world, and I am glad to be a part of that.
Originally From: Cleveland, OH
Personal Information: I really enjoy the notion of government. I have studied it most of my adult life. I love reading about countries and their leaders throughout history. Every time that I go overseas with students, I look for texts that tell the stories of the culture, the country, and government that we are visiting so I can understand why they are the way they are. Learning just doesn't end for me.
Top 5 Strengths: