|Academic Departments||Academic Resources||Services||Other|
|Education||Academic Support CentereUniversityRecords and RegistrationWrite Place||HousingInformation TechnologyDuplicatingMabee CenterPublic Safety||Athletics Bookstore Catalog Course Finder Directory Employee Portal Evangel's Public Site Student Handbook Student Portal|
Global Leadership is a unique blend between history, government, leadership, and culture. Our courses literally cover the earth. We look at countries, their various people groups, their governments, and their leaders. Along with a core curriculum of multicultural studies, students view the interactions between the nations through history and in our own day. This major, which replaces the former International Studies major, provides the interested student with knowledge and preparation for a career in the international arena. The Pre-Law program provides students with the opportunity to explore the legal profession through coursework and membership in the Pre-Law Society.
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Social Sciences Dept., 208L
417-865-2815 ext. 8222
JD, Cleveland Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University, Ohio.
MPA, Levin College of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University, Ohio.
BA, Malone College, Ohio
* Teaching courses in Government, History, and Anthropology
* Faculty Advisor for College Republicans
* Faculty Advisor for Pre-Law Society
* Faculty sponsor for international study tours. Have traveled to China, South Africa, Kyrgyzstan, Nicaragua, Austria, Czech Republic, Istanbul and Ephesus in Turkey, the Crimean in the Ukraine, and India.
German-Austrian-Swiss Heritage and Historical Society of the Ozarks, Secretary
Christians in Political Science, member
* Comparative Governments;
* Comparative Islamic Governments;
* Comparative World Religions;
* Introduction to Anthropology;
* Cross Cultural Communication (Anthropology);
* International Law;
* International Organizations;
* Intro to American Government;
* Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs);
* State and Local Governments;
* Legal Writing;
* Church and State;
* Church Administration and Law (for CHMN majors);
* Organizational Design and Development (for the MOL program)
Started Work: August 2007
Favorite Thing About Work:
I am excited to begin teaching in the Pre-Law program for this fall. I have been teaching International Law, along with Church Administration and Law, but now I am adding in the traditional courses associated with law school prep. Additionally, I am looking forward to working with the Pre-Law Society, a student club that helps students, regardless of their major, prep for law school. Should be a great year!
Originally From: Cleveland, OH
I really enjoy the notion of government. I have studied it most of my adult life. I love reading about countries and their leaders throughout history. Every time that I go overseas with students, I look for texts that tell the stories of the culture, the country, and government that we are visiting so I can understand why they are the way they are. Learning just doesn't end for me.
Top 5 Strengths: