|Academic Departments||Academic Resources||Services||Other|
|Education||Academic Support CentereUniversityRecords and RegistrationWrite Place||Career ServicesHousingInformation TechnologiesDuplicatingMabee CenterPublic SafetyStudent Activities||Athletics Bookstore Catalog Course Finder Directory Employee Portal Evangel's Public Site Online Giving Student Handbook Student Portal|
I am pleased to welcome you to Evangel University and I hope that you will stop by the Office of Academic Affairs to meet me. I certainly want to meet you. My office is here to serve you and to help you make wise decisions. The decisions you make today determine the future you live tomorrow. Evangel University is the right decision!
Title: Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
Office: Academic Affairs
Professional Information: PROFESSIONAL VITA
Glenn H. Bernet, Jr.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Professor of Mathematics
Springfield, MO 65802
A. Earned Degrees
B.S., Education, Southwest Missouri State University, 1961 (Major: Mathematics)
M.A., University of Missouri-Columbia, 1967 (Major: Mathematics)
D.A., Idaho State University, 1975 (Mathematics) Dissertation: Linear Transformation on M(C) and Generalized Permutation Matrices.
B. Additional Graduate Credits
1. University of Georgia, Summer, 1968 National Science Foundation Summer Institute for College Teachers. Fifteen quarter-hours of course work in Analysis.
2. University of California-Santa Barbara, 1969-70, National Science Foundation Summer Institute for College Teachers. Twenty quarter-hours of course work in Linear Algebra.
C. Workshops Attended
1. Argonne National Laboratory Faculty Workshops in Computer Science, 1968, 1969
2. NSF Chautauqua - Type short course at University of Missouri-Kansas City, Mathematical Modeling and Some Voting Situations, 1976
3. NSF Chautauqua - Type short Course at University of Missouri-Kansas City, Risk and Benefit Analysis, 1978, 1979
II. EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
A. Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Missouri, 1961-62
B. Faculty Member, Evangel University, 1963-Present
III. ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
A. Chairperson, Department of Science and Technology, Evangel University, 1977-1985
B. Academic Dean, Evangel University, 1985-Present Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the University (title change in 1990).
IV. PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION AND ACHIEVEMENT
Lifetime Secondary School Teaching Certificate for Missouri
B. Fellowships, Assistantships
1. Assistantship, University of Missouri 1961-1962
2. Fellowship, Idaho State University 1973-1975
V. PUBLICATIONS (Scholarly Articles)
"Properties of the Transpose Mapping", jointly with R. D. Hill, MATHEMATICS MAGAZINE, 50, (1977)
VI. PAPERS PRESENTED
A. "Generalized Permutation Matrices" to the Missouri Section Meeting of the Mathematical Association of America, April 10, 1976, Springfield, MO
B. "Linear Transformations Which Preserve Nonnegative Matrices" to the Conference on Matrix Theory at Idaho State University, April 10-11, 1980
VII. PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC MEMBERSHIPS
A. Memberships held:
1. Mathematical Association of America
2. Kappa Mu Epsilon
3. American Association for Higher Education
4. President, 1994, National Conference of Academic Deans.
B. Committee Responsibilities
1. Chairman, Awards Committee, 1973 National Convention of Kappa Mu Epsilon
2. Nominating Committee, 1975 National Convention, Kappa Mu Epsilon
3. Co-Chairman, 1981 National Convention, Kappa Mu Epsilon
Job Responsibilities: My areas of responsibility include all of the academic areas on campus, which include the following: The academic departments as listed in the directory, as well as the Academic Support Center; Athletic and Sports areas; the Admissions Office; the Center for Leadership and Life Calling; the Financial Aid Office; the Degree Completion and Graduate Studies; the Library and Archives; and the Records and Registration Offices.
Org Memberships: Former member and Past-President, Southeast Lions Club
Member and deacon and treasurer, Central Assembly of God
Former member of the delegate body of the Community Planning Council of Greene County.
Member of the Springfield Rotary.
Courses Taught: Abstract Algebra, A First Course in Abstract Algebra, by John B. Fraleigh
Differential Equations, Elementary Differential Equations, by Boyce and DiPrima
Numerical Analysis, Elementary Numerical Analysis, by Conte and deBoor
Linear Algebra, A First Course in Linear Algebra, by Beauregard and Fraleigh
Calculus, Calculus with Analytic Geometry, by Edwin J. Purcell
Statistics, Modern Elementary Statistics, by Freund
Publications: "Properties of the Transpose Mapping," jointly with R. D. Hill, MATHEMATICS MAGAZINE, 50, (1977)
Started Work: I began working at Evangel in 1963
Favorite Thing About Work: I truly enjoy my work. I enjoy my colleagues and I especially enjoy the students.
Originally From: Springfield, MO
Personal Information: Married to my childhood sweetheart: Lois Evans - Mrs. Bernet
Lois was on staff at Evangel for several years in the Music Department.
We have three adult children - and several grandchildren.