|Academic Departments||Academic Resources||Services||Other|
|Education||Academic Support CenterRecords and RegistrationWrite Place||HousingInformation TechnologyDuplicatingPublic Safety||Athletics Bookstore Catalog Course Finder Directory Employee Portal Evangel's Public Site Student Handbook Student Portal|
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Zimmerman Hall 312 K
Professional Information: Bachelor of Music Education (BME) from Evangel University
Masters in Music - Vocal Performance (MM) from Missouri State University
Masters in Business Administration with an emphasis in Computer Information Systems (MBA) from Missouri State University
Educational Specialist degree (EdS) from Nova Southeastern University
PhD in Educational Technology from Nova Southeastern University
Job Responsibilities: Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems in the Natural and Applied Sciences Department. Coordinator of the CIS program and faculty advisor to the Evangel University ACM Student Chapter.
Org Memberships: Association of Computing Machinery
Courses Taught: CIS 111, Introduction to Computer Information Systems
CPSC/CIS 101, Introduction to Computers
CPSC 141, Intro to VB.NET
CPSC 311, Systems Analysis and Design
ACCT/BUS/CIS 314, Information Systems for Managers
CPSC 325, Data Communicatins
CPSC 448, Advanced VB.NET, Android Programming
ACCT 239, Spreadsheet Applications
MOL 545, Information Knowledge and Management
- Towards an Internet-based Distance Education (IDE) Framework for Religious-based Higher Education Organizations: A Case of the Alliance for Assemblies of God Higher Education, Dissertation, UMI #3510437
- Profile of a CHTP, Article in The Bottom Line, Journal of Hospitality Professionals
- Roger Quilter: A Critical Comparison of Four Songs of the Sea, Opus 1, and To Julia, Opus 8 Master’s Thesis – Missouri State University
- Digital Addictions: Smart Phones (Faith and Science Conference, 2016)
- Can You Hear Me Know? Increasing Instructor Presence and Student Engagement in Online Classes (Innovation Showcase Virtual Conference, 2015)
- Building Online Instructor Expectations: The Evangel University Certification Process (MO Canvas Conference, Missouri S&T, 2015)
- Online Education Best Practices: Engaging the Teacher and Student (Evangel University Faculty Seminar, 2015)
- Three Variations on a Theme: Building Online Programs in Private, Community and State Institutional Environments (Missouri Distance Learning Association Annual Conference, 2013)
- Internet-based Distance Education in Assemblies of God Higher Education (Assemblies of God Faculty Conference, 2012)
- Teaching Online 101 (Assemblies of God Faculty Conference, 2010)
Started Work: 06-01-04
Favorite Thing About Work: Teaching students how computers are part of their everyday lives - and how to better utilize these technical marvels.
Was an Evangel Student: Fall 1990-Dec. 1995
Favorite Memory as a Student: Meeting my wife to be (Erica Schmidgall), making life long friendships, and learning from Godly instructors.
7:30 AM College Band rehearsals with Mr. John Shows and green gravy to go with Sunday chicken strips at the Caf.
Originally From: Steelville, MO
Personal Information: Hobbies: science fiction (reading, watching movies/TV shows), reading (history, biographies of historical figures, historical fiction, action adventure), photography, cars, computers and gadgets (of course), and music (singing/playing low brass).
I am the father of three growing boys: Jacob (16), Ryan (14), and Tyler (12). My wife and I have been married for over 20 years and have lived in Battlefield, MO for the past 17.
Other: I have volunteered for the past 8 years coaching my youngest son's little league soccer team with SPARC(Springfield Park and Recreation Council). At our home church, Evangel Temple, my wife and I sing in the church choir while I also play tuba in the church orchestra. Also at ET, I serve as a church board member and a Royal Ranger Commander for Ranger Kids (K-1).
Top 5 Strengths: