|Academic Departments||Academic Resources||Services||Other|
|Education||Records and RegistrationWrite Place||HousingInformation TechnologyDuplicating||Athletics Bookstore Catalog Course Finder Directory Employee Portal Evangel's Public Site Student Handbook Student Portal|
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Zimmerman Hall 107 H
Bachelor of Music Education (BME) from Evangel University
Masters in Music - Vocal Performance (MM) from Missouri State University
Masters in Business Administration with an emphasis in Computer Information Systems (MBA) from Missouri State University
Educational Specialist degree (EdS) from Nova Southeastern University
PhD in Educational Technology from Nova Southeastern University
Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems in the Business Department.
Faculty coordinator of the Computer Information Systems (CIS) program (TUG and CAGS) and Cybersecurity Certificate, faculty advisor to the Evangel University ACM Student Chapter, member of the CAGS Council, and Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL) faculty.
Previously: EU Learning Management System faculty coordinator/manager and Director of Online Learning through Evangel eUniversity.
Association of Computing Machinery
EU ACM Student Chapter Sponsor
ACCT 239, Spreadsheet Applications
ACCT/CIS/MGMT 314, Management Information Systems
CISA 401, Cybersecurity for Managers
CPSC 111, Introduction to Computer Science
CPSC 211, Data Structures
CPSC-CIS 101, Introduction to Computers
CPSC 142, Java I
CPSC 311, Systems Analysis and Design
CPSC 325, Data Communications
CPSC 448, Advanced VB.NET, Android Programming, Data Driven Web Design
FIN 138, Personal Finance
MGTA 314, Information Systems Management
MGTA 341, Operations Management
MOL 545, Information Knowledge and Management
- Towards an Internet-based Distance Education (IDE) Framework for Religious-based Higher Education Organizations: A Case of the Alliance for Assemblies of God Higher Education, Dissertation, UMI #3510437
- Profile of a CHTP, Article in The Bottom Line, Journal of Hospitality Professionals
- Roger Quilter: A Critical Comparison of Four Songs of the Sea, Opus 1, and To Julia, Opus 8 Master’s Thesis – Missouri State University
- Digital Addictions: Smart Phones (Faith and Science Conference, 2016)
- Can You Hear Me Know? Increasing Instructor Presence and Student Engagement in Online Classes (Innovation Showcase Virtual Conference, 2015)
- Building Online Instructor Expectations: The Evangel University Certification Process (MO Canvas Conference, Missouri S&T, 2015)
- Online Education Best Practices: Engaging the Teacher and Student (Evangel University Faculty Seminar, 2015)
- Three Variations on a Theme: Building Online Programs in Private, Community and State Institutional Environments (Missouri Distance Learning Association Annual Conference, 2013)
- Internet-based Distance Education in Assemblies of God Higher Education (Assemblies of God Faculty Conference, 2012)
- Teaching Online 101 (Assemblies of God Faculty Conference, 2010)
Favorite Thing About Work:
Showing students how technology is part of their everyday lives and how to better utilize these modern day marvels we take for granted.
Was an Evangel Student:
Fall 1990-Dec. 1995
Favorite Memory as a Student:
Meeting my wife to be (Erica Schmidgall), making life long friendships, and learning from Godly instructors.
Favorite specific memories? 7:30 AM College Band rehearsals with Mr. John Shows and green gravy on top of the Sunday chicken strips at the Caf.
Hobbies: science fiction (reading, watching movies/TV shows), reading (history, biographies of historical figures, historical fiction, action adventure), photography, cars, computers and gadgets (of course), and music (singing/playing low brass).
I am the father of three growing boys: Jacob (18), Ryan (16), and Tyler (14). My wife and I have been married for over 20 years and have lived in Battlefield, MO for the past 19.
I volunteered for 8 years coaching my youngest son's little league soccer team with SPARC(Springfield Park and Recreation Council). At our home church, Evangel Temple, my wife and I sing in the church choir while I also play tuba in the church orchestra. Also at ET, I serve as a church board member and am active in the church music department singing in the choir, playing tuba, and leading worship once in a while.
Top 5 Strengths: