|Academic Departments||Academic Resources||Services||Other|
|Education||Records and RegistrationWrite Place||HousingInformation TechnologyDuplicatingPublic Safety||Athletics Bookstore Catalog Course Finder Directory Employee Portal Evangel's Public Site Student Handbook Student Portal|
Welcome to Evangel University's Office of Public Relations and Publications.
Please feel free to call or E-mail if we may be of service.
Title: Director of Public Relations & Publications
Office: Public Relations, in the Institutional Advancement Dept.
Top floor of Riggs Administration Building
• MA in Integrated Marketing Communication, Drury University, 2002
• BS in Broadcast Communication, Evangel University, 1977
Job Responsibilities: Media relations; marketing as it relates to message development and advertising; and the production and development of Vision magazine and other print materials for off-campus publics.
Committees: Campus Planning Council, Web Team, Crises Management Team, General Education Marketing Team, Ad Hoc Branding Committee, Consolidation Steering Committee
Org Memberships: Public Relations Society of America
Courses Taught: MRKT 341 - Promotions Management
Publications: Too numerous to list.
Started Work: January 1988
Favorite Thing About Work: Having a positive impact on the lives of the students I work with. Helping mold the image of Evangel University in the local community, within the denomination, and around the world. Making a positive contribution to the ongoing development of Evangel's campus.
Was an Evangel Student: 1973-1977
Favorite Memory as a Student: Friends, KECC (campus radio), and meeting my future bride... the interconnection of these three shaped who I am and where I am today.
Originally From: Washington Crossing, NJ
Personal Information: Between graduating from and returning to Evangel, I spent nearly 11 years in the music business.
• In 1977-78, I was one of the first "contemporary Christian music" DJs in the country. I helped pick AMY GRANT'S first radio single.
• Next, my wife and I owned the Logsdon Associates talent agency and booked concert tours nationwide for nearly 10 years. During that time, I was also national director of the FCCM (Fellowship of Contemporary Christian Ministries) for two terms; managed WJTL-FM in Lancaster, PA, for three+ years; and served on the board of the CREATION FESTIVAL, the largest Christian music event in the world (working closely with them for 20 years).
• It was a great ride, and many aspects of "that life" prepared me for my time of service at Evangel.
• Favorite quote — "If you have a Corvette, you don't need a therapist." Jay Leno
(I must need therapy, because I sold it!)
Other: Married to the former Kay Compton, a 1977 Evangel graduate. She is VP of Noble Communications and editor-in-chief of "The Food Channel," www.foodchannel.com.
• Our daughter, Dana, graduated from Evangel in 2002 with a degree in marketing. She worked in Germany for two years with the Department of Defense; served seven years in P.R. for Ozarks Technical Community College; and now serves as an HR coordinator at Walmart Global Human Resources Operations in Bentonville.
• Our son, Derek, graduated from Evangel in 2008 with a degree in biology. He spent two years as a research assistant in the Genetics Research Lab at Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO, and two years as a lab tech at Kansas City University of Medicine and Bio-sciences. In August 2012, Derek started his Ph.D. in genetics at Indiana University School of Medicine's BioMedical Gateway Program, Indianapolis, Ind.